Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Indecision 1008

Ever have something mean SO much to you, that addressing it with anything less than 100% feels like sacrilege?
And so, here I am, the naked voter, home from the polls, yet still uneasy about my decision.

I am abashed at my ignorance; despite an innate sense of responsibility and a reasonable amount of god-given common sense... I feel inadequate when it comes to politics. I blame most of the problem on my lack of trust in the press and the politicians. I know the candidates dwell on pandering and lies. I know the press reports with bias. I am horrified by the ease with which good friends fall for the fear campaign and accept lies.

I am not an expert on Economics, yet I value the ability to run the country as a business as the most important role of our president. I feel ill-prepared to decide which policies serve our nation best. Hell, folks with degrees and oodles of experience with economy disagree on major economic policies.

Next on my agenda is the importance of separation between church and state. Palin scares the shit out of me. I let that be the deciding factor in my ballot. I voted against the running mate.

This indecisive attitude is an indicator that I loathe neither candidate to the extreme. I suspect others find this shocking. My belief is that regardless the outcome, our daily lives' will not shift. It is what it is.

No comments: